ASC – Aquaculture Stewardship Council
Through ASC certification, it will be ensured that the production of farmed fish takes place in a environmentaly and socially responsible manner. Fredrikstad Seafoods has started the prosess to certify the site in accordance with ASC. The first revision was carried out in October 2020, see link below.
By choosing ASC-labeled fish, you can be sure that the fish is farmed responsibly and sustainably.
ASC kvartalsvis publisering_091122
Fredrikstad Seafoods AS and Nordic Aquafarms Europe AS are working to maintain a sustainable business practice that respects people, society, and the environment. In order to support a sustainable business practice, we wish to co-operate with our suppliers and business partners. Cooperation in the supply chain is a prerequisite for responsible business practice.
We expect our suppliers and subcontractors to work purposefully and systematically to comply with our guidelines for suppliers and include principles for sustainable business practice, which cover fundamental requirements for human rights, labor rights, anti-corruption, animal welfare, and the environment. Our suppliers and subcontractors must:
- Follow guidelines for suppliers and principles for sustainable business practices.
- Work with risk assessments for negative impacts on people, society, and the environment.
- Upon request, document how they themself and any subcontractors work to comply with guidelines.
- Show the will and ability to comply with the guidelines. If not, termination of the contract may occur.
- Have a system for handling complaints related to human rights, labor rights, the environment, and corruption.
- Avoid trading partners that have an operation in countries that have been imposed trade boycotts by the UN and/or the Norwegian government.
Obligation to provide information:
- By written request, you and everyone have the right from 1 July 2022 to have information about how we handle actual and potential negative consequences in general and for individual goods or services. Welcome to get in touch about this! The easiest way is to send an e-mail to email@example.com
- As a general rule, we will respond to your request within three weeks of receipt.